4th June, birth anniversary of Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV, Bahujan King of Mysore.
Under his rule, he worked for the upliftment of the weaker society –
- Formation of Mysore Social Progress Association in 1915 to empower weaker section of society.
- Banning child marriage (girls bellow age 8).
- First Indian state to enfranchise women (1923).
- Effort to eradicate un-touchability
– starting separate school for un-touchable
– sponsoring scholarship for un-touchable
– put an effort to give entrance to untouchables to temple at Gunja Narasimhaswamy at T.Narasipura and permission to use public wells and tank
– Gave land near Ashokapuram in Mysore so that they can earn their livings by growing betel nut leaves (named Mysore Chigurele)
- Kadhara Sahakara Sangha in 1925 Tagdhur which helped villagers to earn livings
- Implementation of Reservation Policy for Backward and Depressed class
- Special importance for girl education and scholarship for widowed girl
Apart from all this he opened many schools and colleges and provided reservation to non-brahmins backward classes including Muslims.